Rainy Day Dog Walks!


So, recently I decided I was going to be a lot healthier and as well as eating healthy I was going to start fitting in more exercise. I'm making the most of the fact that I have a dog, by taking her for long countryside walks which benefits me as much as her. Where I live, there are so many places to walk the dog where there are lovely views, so I'm sure I will be writing about more of our walks in the near future. Buttons is loving these walks as you can see!


As you can see this particular walk was on a very rainy day, however I knew I had to kick my bum into gear and get out and about. But the good thing is I love splashing in puddles and so does Buttons...so it's all good. We walked up on the hills near my house, where there used to be a coal mine and there are some amazing things left behind from the past. 


The views from the top of the hills are so amazing... you can see so far:)


As you can see, Buttons loved running up and down the hills after her ball. 


This might be really difficult to see, but these are long pot pipes leftover from when the coal mine was there. There are quite a few things like this left, there are a lot of pieces of pottery left around that mix in with the stones. I don't know why I find this so interesting, but it sort of provides a history to the area I live in, which is cool. 

We both enjoyed the dog walk and it made me feel so much better and healthier, even if this is only the beginning. But even if you don't have a dog you can still do things like this and you can count how many calories your burning with the app - MapMyWalk. 

Thank you for reading my lovelies:)





Comments

  1. That app sounds pretty cool so you can be sure that I'll check it out! But the scenery is absolutely beautiful!

    thecollectionofknowledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a brilliant app and I know isn't it lovely:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts